Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fussy baby

The little guy has not been in the best of moods lately. He's sleeping a lot. Combined with the fussiness, I thought he might be getting a cold, but he doesn't have a temperature. I wish I could make him feel better because it's so hard to see him cry and be unable to help.

Our next appointment at Scottish Rite is Tuesday. Hopefully by then his mouth will be healed. Ian keeps hitting himself in the mouth. It usually happens when he's sleeping. He'll get hungry, try to fit his fist in his mouth, and make his mouth start bleeding. Poor thing. I'll be so glad when we don't have to worry about it. I know Ian will be too.

One thing that makes him happy is his bouncy chair. He loves that thing! But only for a short amount of time. After about 20 minutes he's done with it, but whiles he's in there he coos and smiles and laughs. It's adorable!

3 comments:

Erica2204 said...

I'm sorry he's been fussy! I know it's hard when it seems like there's nothing you can do to make him feel better, but all you can do is all you can do. I will continue to pray for little man. Love everybody!! Let me know if you need anything.

Jackie said...

I noticed I was getting some traffic over at Cleftstories from Ian's blog, so I came right over to check it out. I've just added a link to your blog on Cleftstories.com. Ian is beautiful, I'm sorry he's been fussy lately. This all feels overwhelming now, I know, but it goes by fast, trust me!

Best,
Jackie (www.cleftstories.com)

Jenson's said...

Fussy can be so frustrating. All of you are in our prayers. I hope there is only good news in your appointment on Tuesday. I feel that sometimes when there are tough times all you hear is the bad. Ian truly looks like a sweet, fun baby. I have emailed you at your gmail account (I don't know how often you check that account).