Monday, April 28, 2008

Beautiful baby

We learned a few months ago that our apartment manager has a nephew who was born with a cleft lip. Small world, huh? He is now 2 years old and has had 3 surgeries at the same hospital as Ian, Scottish Rite. We have not met little Cameron yet, but I have heard good things about him. This past week on one of our daily walks, Ian and I ran into the apartment manager. I showed off Ian's new smile, to which she replied, "Wow! He looks so good, but he was beautiful before surgery." She is right.

I can remember before Ian was born worrying about how he was going to look and wondering if I would be embarrassed of his lip. Looking back all the worry was so silly. Like so many parents, I fell in love as soon as I saw his precious face. Ian has taught be so much about life at his young age and I know he will continue to do so for many years. God is good. I could not be more blessed.


2 comments:

Plus 3 said...

A beautiful baby before and after surgery! I remember having the same thoughts you described, and it does seem so silly now! I think it's the unknown that's so scary!

The Ski's said...

He is completely beautiful! What a blessing. He has blessed more people that you will ever know. I feel very lucky to have met so many wonderful cleft families. I would be lost without all of you! Hugs to your little guy....what a doll. I don't let Reid sit in front of the tv either...but Baby Einstein works great for Reid during fussy periods. He calms right down...and just laughs. Sometimes, it is necessary!!!!