Monday, July 14, 2008

What's happening

Only 2 and a half weeks left of the summer of craziness. Needless to say, we have been very busy lately. Of course, it never really seems to slow down. In any case, here's a rundown of what we've been doing this summer:

We found out we were moving in May. Luckily we found our first house and have finally moved in, although I'm sure there will be boxes around for a long time. In the midst of packing/moving/unpacking, DJ has been trying to plan a marching band show for the upcoming school year(we moved because he got a new job as a head band director) and I have been taking classes 2 hours away at UGA, which means I have been little help with the house. (As far as the house goes, we still have some touch-up painting to do and we're waiting on the new carpet for upstairs. Ian has been staying in our room for the past week and a half, waiting until his new room is carpeted.) Also, Ian has his palate surgery this Friday.

All in all, it hasn't been as bad as I thought. Of course I miss my boys, but I know they are taking care of each other and enjoying some bonding time. We have been very blessed with help from our wonderful families. We definitely could not have done any of this without them! Please continue to keep us in your prayers, especially with the little guy's surgery coming up. Thanks for the support!

2 comments:

Adawk said...

ok..I found your blog, I see yall are UGA fans!! We live in Lake Park, right outside of Valdosta. I assume yall went to CHOA, did you use Dr Williams?

The Ski's said...

Wow...you are one busy family. We will be thinking about you all this week with surgery around the corner. Is Ian off the bottle??? And HOW did you do it if so? Reid LOVES the bottle, and I am a bit worried about weaning him. I know you are super busy....and appreciate the time you take to blog with everything else going on! Take care..and hugs to Ian!